Description of the material
The inner part of Tycroc TWP building board is extruded polystyrene foam (XPS foam). To ensure the stiffness and durability of the board, its waterproof foam core is covered with a layer of polymer cement mortar, on top of which there is a fiberglass mesh followed by another layer of polymer cement mortar. This surface is ready to be tiled.
Characteristics and advantages
The Tycroc TWP building board is waterproof and blocks water, i.e. water and humidity cannot penetrate the board. The board is lightweight and can be easily installed (the weight of a 12 mm board is about 3 kg/m²). Its main advantages, in comparison to the widely used wet room construction solution is, the ease and speed, as well as knowledge that the product is non-porous (0 capillary condensation), i.e. water does not enter the material or penetrate it.
There are various moisture- and waterproof materials on the market, however, quite often the terms moisture proof / water proof are confused with water and moisture blocking. Moisture proof or waterproof mean, as a rule, that the product and its characters do not change in a continuously damp environment, however, that this product is not necessarily absorbent and impermeable to water.
Arguments in favor of Tycroc TWP building board:
– The product is hydrophobic (i.e. water impermeability), additional covering with waterproofing is not required;
– Actual savings of time and money (no need to use additional waterproofing and wait for drying);
– It is easy to install;
– It is easy to transport and lift (for example, when moving between different floors or rooms);
– It is durable when used in construction and also once it has been installed;
– Large variety of uses (possibility of making different forms, rounded walls, ceilings, rounded benches etc.);
– It does not give off dust or litter during installation / processing (there is no need for continuous clean up);
– Dust-free also after installation (extra added value for asthmatics);
– The installment can be done by one construction man only – gain in time and money;
– It does not burn well and does not emit hazardous gases when burning – Euro classification E;
– Water- and humidity-resistance is guaranteed (typically only one side of the material is covered and protected with waterproofing material);
– The moisture turns the more widely used construction material, the gypsum plasterboard, into a hotbed of poisonous fungi.
Places of use
Tycroc TWP waterproof building board is ideal for use in bathrooms, steam saunas, pools and spas. The product can also be used in dry rooms. As our product can withstand big temperature fluctuations, it can also be used in seasonal buildings (such as summer cottages, etc.) that are not heated in winter.
Boards can be installed on different bases and carcasses used in construction.
Tycroc TWP building board is mainly meant for building partition walls and making them waterproof, for building variously shaped shower cabins and steam sauna seats, for making working surfaces, shelves etc. The board is also suitable for waterproofing bathroom ceilings and floors, and can be used directly under the floor heating cable to prevent downward heat loss.
Tycroc waterproofing system
The Tycroc waterproofing system includes floor, wall and the ceiling covering with Tycroc TWP building boards, as well as sealing / insulating the joints, washers and corners with special adhesive sealant Tycroc Premium Fix. The Tycroc surface is hydrophobic and ready to be tiled or finished in some other way. Alternatively the joints and corners may be covered with water resistant tape and membrane.
Tycroc TWP building board
Waterproofing tape and -membrane
Wall- or floortile
Tycroc stainless screw + Tycroc stainless washer
Tycroc showe base
Tycroc Premium FIX adhesive sealant